It’s Back: The 5 Things You Need to Know About the A.1. Thick & Hearty’s Return
In celebration of this fan-favorite return, here are the top five things you need to know about the A.1. Thick & Hearty Burger:
- It’s one of Whataburger’s most popular menu items – ever. Whataburger introduced the A.1. Thick & Hearty Burger 20 years ago. Since then, the burger has achieved iconic status for its perfect blend of flavors.
- A.1. Sauce has also been around for a while. It was actually invented in the United Kingdom in 1831.
- In 2009, A.1. Thick & Hearty Burger was retired before making a few comebacks as a limited-time offer beginning in 2011.
- This customer favorite has gained a legion of fans over the past 20 years, demonstrated by their passionate tweets and a Change.org petition pleading for the burger’s return to Whataburger menus.
- It’s back for a limited time only, so get yours today! And next time you’re playing bingo…bring your A.1. game!
The burger's classic recipe remains the same since its launch in 1998. The A.1. Thick & Hearty Burger comes with two 100-percent pure American beef patties, grilled onions, crispy bacon and melted American cheese, topped with A.1. Thick & Hearty sauce, and the burger is also available in a junior size. Prices vary by market.
Whataburger has focused on its fresh, made-to-order burgers and friendly customer service since 1950 when Harmon Dobson opened the first Whataburger as a small roadside burger stand in Corpus Christi, Texas. Dobson gave his restaurant a name he hoped to hear customers say every time they took a bite of his made-to-order burgers: “What a burger!” Within the first week, people lined up around the block for his 25 cent, 100 percent beef burgers served on five-inch buns. Today, the company is headquartered in San Antonio, Texas, with more than 820 locations in 10 states with sales of more than $2 billion annually. Visit www.whataburger.com for more information.