Whataburger is committed to keeping our employees and communities safe and healthy.
At Whataburger, the health and safety of our customers, employees, and the communities we serve are our utmost priority. It has been for 70 years.
We understand the emergence of coronavirus (COVID-19) has raised new health and safety concerns.
As a brand, we’ve always taken the health and safety of our customers and employees extremely seriously. We know you, your family and friends want our restaurants to be a safe, healthy, and reliable place where you can enjoy a delicious, made-to-order meal. We take pride in going above and beyond to ensure the ongoing and maintained sanitization of our restaurants.
Whataburger has been in direct communication with the CDC, and we are closely monitoring all developments related to COVID-19. We have instituted certain travel rules and restrictions of our employees, as outlined by the CDC. We are prepared to take additional actions, as the situation evolves, to help ensure the safety, health, and well-being of our customers and employees.
In addition to enhanced sanitation and social distancing efforts, we are temporarily scaling back our presence at community events and gatherings. Our Orange Spirit may not be as visible in our communities over the coming months, but we are working hard to do the right thing -- and ensure Whataburger remains a place you can count on for a warm meal and a kind word. We remain in contact with our community partners, and will continue to actively support organizations helping others.
We are also closing dining rooms effective March 17, but remain open in drive-thru and for online orders. Through it all, we are committed to the highest levels of sanitation:
- Each of our employees takes a comprehensive food handling and safety course with a focus on employee health and hygiene.
- All employees are required to double handwash and use alcohol-based hand sanitizer, every 30 minutes at the minimum, before handling food, or after doing anything that may contaminate their hands, such as touching money, their faces, or using the restroom.
- We provide single-use towels for hand drying.
- High touch-point dining room areas including tables, chairs, booths, highchairs, drink station counter tops, door handles and trash can flaps are disinfected with Peroxide Multi-Surface Cleaner and Disinfectant.
- Counters are washed, rinsed and sanitized regularly.
- Door handles are cleaned with Peroxide Disinfectant.
- Restrooms are cleaned and disinfected regularly with a cleaner that contains bleach.
- Kitchen and back-of-house areas are cleaned using Quaternary Ammonium Sanitizer. It is also used for sanitizing smallwares, including serving trays, and for sanitizing coffee/tea faucets, and drink machine nozzles and diffusers.