Continuing to Serve
Limited Dining Rooms Reopen
Beginning June 8, Whataburger plans to welcome guests back into a limited number of dining rooms in communities where state and local restrictions have been lifted.
To find out if your local Whataburger dining room is open and for hours of operation, be sure to use our store locator: Find A Location Near Me. We will be regularly updating information to provide customers with the latest information.
Over the last few months, we’ve remained steadfast in our commitment to the safety of our employees or and our customers, and that isn’t going to change. We have teams working around-the-clock taking every possible precaution into consideration, including implementing additional safety and sanitation measures, before reopening any of our restaurants.
Other changes we’re making changes to keep each other safe include:
- Only allowing 50 percent capacity inside our dining room at a time with designated entries and exits.
- Following continued use of daily wellness and temperature checks, all Whataburger employees are required to double hand wash, use alcohol-based hand sanitizer, and change gloves at least every 30 minutes.
- All employees are also required to complete a comprehensive food handling and safety course.
- Whenever possible, employees should serve guests from the recommended 6-foot distance, including interacting using hand gestures, such as a thumbs-up, to provide the same great Whataburger dining experience.
- Public drinks stations will be closed to help avoid employees and customers gathering in clusters. Customers looking for a refill will be provided with a new cup.
- Whataburger will continue using single-use silverware and condiments, along with disposable cups, plates, and napkins.
- Strict sanitizing protocols are in place for all high-touchpoint areas, as well as counters and utensils.
- Some seats and booths will be marked off to adhere to social distancing protocols.
- All restaurants have added social distancing floor stickers and hand sanitizing stations.
Like many others, Whataburger has been closely and carefully evaluating the situation, and we will continue to make changes as needed to help ensure the health and safety of employees and customers.
For those who choose not to dine-in, customers can pick up their Whataburger favorites through the drive-thru, curbside pickup (from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.) or delivery at participating locations.
Thank you to our customers for your patience and support through these times. We look forward to serving you soon.
Need to find a location on the go? Download our app and tap Locations on the bottom right of your screen:
Whataburger continues to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic and adjust company policies and procedures to meet CDC recommendations and guidelines. Changes and announcements to Whataburger’s operations are shared on Whataburger's Digital Newsroom and social media channels.