It’s A Wrap: 2019 Whataburger Family Convention Awards
More than 2,000 Family Members attended Sunday night’s Corporate Awards Banquet, as we wrapped up the 2019 Whataburger Family Convention – and came together to recognize the best of the best.
- Area Manager of the Year: Jose Rodriguez, Area 5410 (2017); Joel Hernandez, Area 7320 (2018)
- Director of Operations of the Year: George Gonzalez, Zone 8400 (2017); Aaron Valdez, Zone 5400 (2018)
- Harmon and Grace Dobson Award: Marianne Dowdy, Vice President of Human Resources (2017); Mike Sims and Gary Sims, Franchise Support Managers (2018)
- Franchisee of the Year: John Heiman, Whataburger of Mesquite (2017); Chris Johnson, G.V.C.S. (2018)
- Franchise Key Operator of the Year: Chris Deters and Greg Deters, NCG Enterprises LP (2017); Micah Webster, Webster Enterprises (2018)
- High-Volume Unit (2017 & 2018) - Corporate: Unit 178, San Marcos, Texas; GM Greg Goolsby
- High-Volume Unit (2017 & 2018) - Franchise: Unit 1039, Dallas, Texas; Concessions Management Inc., Franchisee Gilbert Aranza
Thomas E. Dobson Awards
There are more than 800 General Managers in the Whataburger system, but only one can win the Thomas E. Dobson GM of the Year award.
It’s an honor bestowed upon a Family Member who delivers an unparalleled level of service to customers, Team Members and the community.
At the Whataburger corporate awards on Sunday, Chairman of the Board Tom Dobson recognized the GMs who earned this recognition for 2017 and 2018: Marsha Saxon and Richard Martinez.
Saxon, from Unit 931 in Pace, Florida, was recognized as the 2017 winner. Martinez, from Unit 790 in San Antonio, Texas, was honored as the 2018 recipient.
Congratulations to our winners! We’re proud of all your hard work and dedication to the brand. See you in 2021!