Five menu items you might not have considered -- and how to hack them
Looking for something different at Whataburger? Explore these 5 options!
Need some new ideas to up your intake of veggies and fish this summer? Here's our top 5 list – complete with menu hacks to take your meal to the next level.
1. Whatacatch Sandwich - Whataburger’s classic fish sandwich starts with a filet of Alaska pollock coated with seasoned panko bread crumbs. Then we add crisp lettuce, two slices of juicy tomato and tangy tartar sauce, all on a white bun. We think you’ll be hooked! For extra oomph, add avocado.
2. Whatacatch Dinner - This one’s our seafood favorite. It’s made with two portions of crunchy-delicious fish fillets served up on a bed of our famous french fries and a side of tartar sauce. You could try it with a side of Creamy Pepper sauce for something a little different. This dinner’s definitely a keeper!
3. Apple and Cranberry Salad - The salad is made with romaine lettuce, dried cranberries, crispy apple slices and shredded cheddar. You have your choice of nine dressings. We prefer the kick of the Honey Pepper Vinaigrette. Just sayin’. And, while the salad is good just like it comes, we like to add our Grilled Chicken when we're feeling extra.
4. Garden Salad - Jazz up this classic Whataburger salad – made with fresh romaine, grape tomatoes, matchstick carrots and mild shredded cheddar – by adding grilled peppers and onions, grilled jalapeños, avocado, and crispy Whatachick'n. We like ours with Whataburger’s Creamy Pepper dressing. But you do you – and enjoy.
5. Grilled cheese - Our take on this classic sandwich comes with American cheese, but you can substitute cheddar for a grown-up version of this favorite you loved as a kid. Add a slice of Monterey Jack to make things interesting. Or ask for all three types (American, Monterey Jack, and shredded cheddar) if you're feeling cheesy. Zing it up with grilled peppers and onions and a few slices of bacon. And ask for avocado to take things up a notch.