To celebrate World Kindness Day, we took over the internet
Our goal? Use kindness to make the internet a force for good
Tuesday, Nov. 13, was World Kindness Day!
And, to celebrate, Whataburger took over the internet.
Using social media, Whataburger:
- Sent words of kindness and encouragement to 1,000 fans using #WBeKind
- Surprised folks who could use a little extra smile
- Helped teachers spread kindness by funding their passion projects for their classrooms, as identified on DonorsChoose.org
We also spread kindness in person!
- Surprising one lucky elementary school with Whataburger breakfast. (It’s hard to spread kindness when you’re hangry!)
- Sharing smiles in our restaurants as Family Members delivered random acts of kindness to our guests
How are you going to spread kindness? Check out some highlights of our journey for inspiration!
Helping Local Projects
One of the best parts of the day was completely funding teacher projects in five states: Alabama, Arizona, Florida, New Mexico and Oklahoma. Whataburger’s gifts went to help teachers buy books, classroom technology, and educational games and experiences.
Small acts of kindness are just as meaningful, that’s why we sent 1,000 tweets of kindness to people.
At Whataburger, our favorite thing to do is make people smile over a meal. On Tuesday, we dropped off 640 taquitos and coloring sheets at this south San Antonio elementary school that runs a program to promote kindness.
Have a Whataburger, On Us
We also gave some folks a boost by randomly sending $10 Whataburger gift cards to brighten their day. And at least one fan even paid it forward.
All told, it was a day of kindness and positivity.
Whataburger has focused on its fresh, made-to-order burgers and friendly customer service since 1950 when Harmon Dobson opened the first Whataburger as a small roadside burger stand in Corpus Christi, Texas. Today, the company is headquartered in San Antonio, Texas, with more than 820 locations in 10 states with sales of more than $2 billion annually. Visit www.whataburger.com for more information.