To our valued customers and neighbors,
Like so many others, we have spent the last several weeks learning about the coronavirus (COVID-19). At the heart of all of our conversations is the health and wellbeing of our guests, Family Members (employees) and communities.
We firmly believe in our duty to provide safe and clean restaurants, with quality, customized food - 24/7, while keeping those affected by COVID 19 in our thoughts.
We take pride in the fact that Whataburger is a place where goodness lives, and our guests can count on us for the food and hospitality they love – especially during times like this.
We are in daily communication with the CDC, working closely with our restaurants, vendors, and partners. We are increasing the frequency of our longstanding sanitation procedures noted:
- Each of our Family Members takes a comprehensive food handling and safety course with a focus on Family Members health and hygiene.
- All Family Members are required to double hand wash and use alcohol-based hand sanitizer, every 30 minutes at the minimum, before handling food, or after doing anything that may contaminate their hands.
- We provide single-use towels for hand drying.
- High touch-point areas including door handles, tables, chairs, booths, highchairs, drink station counter tops, and trash can flaps are disinfected with Peroxide Multi-Surface Cleaner and Disinfectant.
- Counters are washed, rinsed, and sanitized regularly.
- Restrooms are cleaned and disinfected regularly.
- Kitchen and back-of-house areas are cleaned using Quaternary Ammonium Sanitizer. It is also used for sanitizing small wares, including serving trays, coffee/tea faucets, drink machine nozzles, and diffusers.
As COVID-19 information is updated, we are enhancing our procedures to ensure the safety of everyone while continuing to serve fresh, quality food. Our Family Members are the heart of our brand, and our Home Office Crisis Command Center has been activated for weeks to fully support our Operations Team to continue to serve you.
Thank you for your continued trust and business. We are proud to be your Whataburger, a place where goodness lives.
President, Whataburger Restaurants