Whataburger Partners with Local Boys & Girls Clubs to Support Students Heading Back to School
Boys & Girls Club events in 19 cities and volunteer efforts to take place in honor of company’s 72nd anniversary
Whataburger is partnering with Boys & Girls Clubs in 19 cities to host company volunteer events, kicking off the upcoming school year with its first-annual Whataburger Feeding Student Success Back-to-School Program. The company’s latest volunteer initiative supporting students is in honor of the company’s 72nd anniversary.
- Boys and Girls Club WB Event-73
- Boys and Girls Club WB Event-41
- Boys and Girls Club WB Event-63
- Boys and Girls Club WB Event-17
- Boys and Girls Club WB Event-3
- Boys and Girls Club WB Event-19
- Boys and Girls Club WB Event-24
- Boys and Girls Club WB Event-2
- Boys and Girls Club WB Event-58
- Boys and Girls Club WB Event-16
- Boys and Girls Club WB Event-6
- Boys and Girls Club WB Event-40
- Boys and Girls Club WB Event-1
- Boys and Girls Club WB Event-4
- Boys and Girls Club WB Event-61
- Boys and Girls Club WB Event-26
- Boys and Girls Club WB Event-31
- Boys and Girls Club WB Event-59
- Boys and Girls Club WB Event-51
- Boys and Girls Club WB Event-76
- BGC-OK County
- BGC-Permian Basin-Odessa
- BGC-Permian Basin-Odessa-2
- BGC-Permian Basin-Odessa-3
- BGC-Andrew Jackson- Middle Tennessee
- BGC-East-Alabama- Meals
A series of volunteer events will kick off Friday, July 29, continuing until Monday, August 22 as part of the Whataburger Feeding Student Success Back-to-School Program. Whataburger employees, known as Family Members, will deliver Whataburger branded school supply kits, games and food to students. Additionally, each club will receive a $2,000 monetary donation to support youth educational opportunities.
“Boys & Girls Clubs of America does wonderful work to ensure children have a safe place and enriching programs to reach their full potential,” said Whataburger Community Experience Manager Melba Harris. “To help students get the school year started off right, Whataburger is looking forward to partnering on providing educational support during our Whataburger Feeding Student Success Back-To-School Program.”
The Whataburger Feeding Student Success Back-To-School Program will take place at Boys & Girls Club locations in Auburn, Austin, Baton Rouge, Corpus Christi, Dallas, El Paso, Fort Worth, Houston, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Las Cruces, Lubbock, McAllen, Midland, Nashville, Oklahoma City, Pensacola, Phoenix and San Antonio.
The program is part of Whataburger Feeding Student Success, the company’s signature community program operating at the intersection of food insecurity and education, focusing on helping students at all levels of education achieve their goals and dreams.
Whataburger has focused on its fresh, made-to-order burgers and friendly customer service since 1950 when Harmon Dobson opened the first Whataburger as a small roadside burger stand in Corpus Christi, Texas. Today, the company is headquartered in San Antonio with more than 890 locations across its 14-state footprint and sales of more than $3 billion annually. Whataburger is a 2022 Top Workplaces winner. The brand has more than 50,000 Family Members (employees) and more than 60 million customers who like to customize their Whataburgers just like they like it. Visit whataburger.com for more information. To apply for Whataburger jobs, visit whataburger.com/careers.