Celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month with a zesty game of Lotería. Warning: Playing Whataburger Lotería may cause hunger. Fun is in the cards and on the table.
There’s a new game in town, and Whataburger fans are winning. Our version of classic Lotería celebrates all the things you love about Whataburger and makes sitting around the table with family a lot more fun (especially now)!
Here’s how to play:
- Download and print all 36 colorful Whataburger Lotería cards to make a full deck.
- Download all 4 versions of the tablas, or playing boards, and give every player a tabla. For big families, team up on the tablas. The more eyes the better!
- Place a pile of small markers – dried beans, small pebbles, bottle caps, corks – in the middle of the table so everyone can reach them.
- Now, choose someone to be The Announcer. This person will hold all the cards and won’t have a tabla.
- To begin, The Announcer pulls a card from the deck and reads it aloud.
- Any player with that image on their tabla places a marker on the corresponding square.
- The Announcer continues to pull and call cards until a player covers three squares on their tabla in a horizontal, vertical or diagonal row, or fills their table completely.
- Any player with a winning row of covered squares shouts “Whataburger!” and is declared the winner of the round.
- Play as many rounds as you want!
Game Play Variations:
- Rotate the role of Announcer among all players after each round.
- Switch tablas between players after every round.
- At the end of the game, the winner of the most rounds is treated to their favorite Whataburger meal.
Download your Whataburger Lotería Cards today, below! / ¡Descarga hoy mismo tu lotería de Whataburger!
Whataburger has focused on its fresh, made-to-order burgers and friendly customer service since 1950 when Harmon Dobson opened the first Whataburger as a small roadside burger stand in Corpus Christi, Texas. Today, the company is headquartered in San Antonio, Texas, with more than 830 locations in 10 states and sales of more than $2.5 billion annually. Whataburger has 46,000 Family Members (employees) and more than 14 million customers who like to customize their Whataburgers just the way they like it. Visit whataburger.com for more information.