#Winning: The best Whataburger fan stories of 2017
Oh, fans: you make us smile every day. Here, in no particular order, are the Whataburger moments that made headlines in 2017.
1. A New York firefighter helping Texans in the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey tried Whataburger for the first time – and his life will never be the same.
2. People love their babies. They love our food. It just makes sense to put them together like this Houston couple did. Who needs a smash cake, when you can have Whataburger?
3. This fan was coming out of wisdom tooth surgery, when her mom pulled the cruelest joke ever, telling her daughter that Whataburger had closed down. But don’t worry: it all ends well.
4. This Natalia, Texas, teen made sure her Quinceañera photos would get noticed, pairing her pink lace dress with an orange-and-white box of Whataburger chicken strips.
5. PGA golfer John Peterson made headlines when he chose to get down with a Whataburger at his Fort Worth, Texas, wedding to his wife, Amanda.
6. Nothing has given tribute to the magnificence that is the Honey Butter Chicken Biscuit quite like the soulful stylings of Pastor Fred, who sang “There’s Something About This Biscuit” and went viral.
7. In possibly the most-Texas-moment ever, Whataburger teamed up with Southwest Airlines to make Texas Independence Day 2017 the most memorable one yet for some lucky travelers.
8. A newborn baby. A hungry mom and dad. This Whataburger delivery went viral for all the right reasons.
9. We know Whataburger is the perfect spot for after the game – but these teams actually compete for the rights to claim “their store.”
10. First Lady Melania Trump and Second Lady Karen Pence were in Corpus Christi, Texas, this November – and couldn’t resist stopping by.
11. One Whataburger fan was so jazzed to try the Chorizo Burger that she and her husband flew from North Carolina to their closest location in Florida to give it a try. Their verdict? Well worth the trip.
13. Lots of fans work Whataburger into their holiday decorations, but this Houston couple took their spirit to a whole new level. We can’t wait to see their New Year’s celebration.
Whataburger has focused on its fresh, made-to-order burgers and friendly customer service since 1950 when Harmon Dobson opened the first Whataburger as a small roadside burger stand in Corpus Christi, Texas. Today, the company is headquartered in San Antonio with more than 900 locations across its 14-state footprint and sales of more than $3 billion annually. Whataburger is a 2022 Top Workplaces winner. The brand has more than 50,000 Family Members (employees) and more than 60 million customers who like to customize their Whataburgers just like they like it. Visit whataburger.com for more information. To apply for Whataburger jobs, visit whataburger.com/careers.