Where Goodness Lives
We're firmly rooted in our history, but our mission drives us every day
On August 8, 1950, an adventurous and determined entrepreneur named Harmon Dobson opened up the world’s first Whataburger on Ayers Street in Corpus Christi, Texas. He had a simple goal: to serve a burger so big it took two hands to hold and so good that with one bite customers would say, “What a burger!” He succeeded on both counts and turned that one little burger stand into a legend loved throughout Texas and the South.
Today, each and every Whataburger is made to order, right when it’s ordered. And they’re still made with 100 percent pure beef and served on a big toasted five-inch bun with all “the extras” to suit your taste. Grilled jalapeños, extra bacon, three slices of cheese, no tomatoes, extra pickles? No problem. Your Whataburger will be made just like you like it, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Whataburger’s following has grown exponentially throughout its history, thanks to a number of features, including its famous burgers and growing list of menu items; its iconic orange-and-white-striped A-Frame restaurants established in the early 1960s; its Fancy Ketchup that even has its own Facebook fan page; and its on-screen presence in everything from “King of the Hill” to “Friday Night Lights.”
Where Goodness Lives
Now in our seventh decade, with more than 890 Whataburger restaurants across 14 states stretching from Arizona to Florida, Whataburger continues to bring road-trippers and hometown folks together under our orange-and-white roofs for fresh, made-to-order burgers and friendly service.
No matter how big we grow -- and we are growing! -- Whataburger will always be a place where goodness lives.
Your career at Whataburger can be what you make of it.
We will give you the opportunities, tools and resources you need to reach your full potential.
Whataburger's Guiding Principles
• Do work that makes you proud
• Be grounded in our history, yet forward thinking and innovative
• Provide a creative, supportive and fun work environment
• Share thoughts, feelings and rationale early and often
• Be positive and considerate of all in thoughts, words and actions
• Demonstrate and promote teamwork
• Share our culture and prosperity with the communities we serve
• Be modest, unassuming and straightforward
• Make decisions out of respect for both the business and our people
• Seek the best way over the easy way
• Know and participate in the business
• Continually improve yourself and others
We need talented Family Members to deliver the Whataburger experience to our guests.
Whataburger franchisees are independently owned and operated, and therefore job benefits and compensation may vary between franchise-controlling companies.